Due to popular demand, the Merne Desert Dinner has now sold out. We have been overwhelmed with the interest in this new premium dining experience under the stars and hope to welcome you to Merne in future years at Parrtjima – A Festival in Light.
Saturday, 10 April 2021
Make Merne your bucket-list experience in 2021 with a desert dinner that’s out of this world.
In an exclusive first for Parrtjima, join your table of fellow travellers at Desert Park for an unforgettable dining adventure under a canopy of stars in outback Central Australia.
As the sun sets and the stars spring out in the night sky, feel the desert come to life as you enjoy a contemporary take on traditional bush foods paired with premium Australian beer and wine.
You’ll be treated to a spectacular light show spanning the majestic MacDonnell Ranges, plus special performances and entertainment to connect you to traditional Aboriginal culture, stories and art.
Between courses, look up and enjoy some of the world’s best stargazing. Be enchanted by a vivid view of the Milky Way, and find planets and constellations such as the Southern Cross and Seven Sisters in the ever-moving southern night sky.
This magical, must-do experience that is as unique as the Red Centre itself.
- Menu as below *ingredients subject to seasonal availability*
- Premium wine/beer package
- Presentation by local Arrernte women Rayleen Brown, Kungkas can Cook and Celebrity Chef Mark Olive
- Traditional and contemporary performances
- Parrtjima Projection Show on Ranges
- Coach transfers
Location: Sand Country Marquee, Larrapinta Drive, Desert Park, Alice Springs.
Event Times: 19:00 – 22:30
COST: $250pp – SOLD OUT
Pre-Dinner Drinks on Arrival (from 6pm)
Served as Roving Canapés on Arrival.
- BBQ Emu, Red Capsicum, Red Onion Skewers brushed with Bush tomato Sauce
- BBQ Camel and Date Koftas with Local Date Tamarind Chutney
- Bruschetta Rounds with Native herb infused oil tomatoes red onion and basil
Served as shared platters, including bread and butter on the table.
- Kangaroo Fillet seared on a gridle, rested on a bed of Bush Tomato scented Warrigal Greens
Served with Parmesan Pepper Leaf Polenta and Quandong Chili Glaze Steamed Vegetables
- Barramundi cooked in lemon myrtle scented paperbark
Served with Roasted Saltbush Kipfler Potatoes drizzled with Lemon Aspen Crème Glaze, and assorted steamed vegetables
- Vegetarian and Vegan Option – Field Mushrooms roasted in the oven, basted with balsamic vinegar glaze, stuffed with Roasted Mountain Pepper Macadamia Nut Sourdough Crumb
Served with Roasted Saltbush Potato and Steamed Assorted Vegetables
Self Serve Tea and Coffee Station with Connoisseur Ice Cream designed for Peters by Mark Olive:
- Roasted Wattleseed Swirled through a Vanilla Bean cream based ice cream with a Hazelnut Coating
- Rosella Flower swirled through a Vanilla Bean cream based ice cream with a Hibiscus Coasting
Dessert table platter of Petit Fours:
- Quandong and Caramel Apple Tart
- Malted Wattleseed Chocolate Brownie
- Lemon Myrtle Crème Brulee