Parrtjima – A Festival in Light has been rescheduled to 11-20 September 2020. The change in dates follows the Federal Government’s 13 March 2020 advice to cancel events of 500 people or more, in the immediate future, as a precautionary measure in relation to COVID-19.
Was the new date landed on in consultation with Traditional Owners?
- The Parrtjima Festival Reference Group is supportive of the date change and believes rescheduling is the best way to protect vulnerable members of the community.
What will the program look like?
- Parrtjima will still feature the impressive Signature Installations at Alice Springs Desert Park. These include Werte, Grounded and the incredible illumination of two kilometres of the West MacDonnell Ranges.
- The change of date means there will be changes to our program and we are working hard to bring you more details as soon as possible.
- We are committed to delivering the best experience for all that come to visit Mparntwe.
Will it be safe to attend Parrtjima in September?
- NTMEC carries out a risk assessment for every event it holds.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and make informed decisions based on the best possible advice from the Australian Government and the Northern Territory Government.
- We will put in place any recommended additional health and safety measures where required.
How can you be sure there won’t still be a ban on mass gatherings in September? Will Parrtjima be cancelled again if there is?
- We are following the best advice available and will continue to monitor the situation and make informed decisions based on the best possible advice from the Australian Government and the Northern Territory Government.
- We will put in place any recommended additional health and safety measures where required and will continue to share as much information as possible when it is available.
I already booked a flight for Parrtjima in April. What can I do?
- Qantas, Virgin and Jetstar have confirmed they will change flights to a later date without the purchaser incurring any change fees. Each airline has a slightly different policy and cut-off date, so we advise you to contact your airline as soon as possible. If you have booked through a third party website you should contact that company directly.