Conditions of Entry
Northern Territory Major Events Company Pty Ltd (ACN 085 961 520) (NTMEC) is a government owned major events company tasked with the attraction of major sporting and cultural events that provide substantial economic and social benefits to the Northern Territory (NT).
These terms (Terms):
(a) apply to any event, performance, show, activity, conference or function (whether or not ticketed), that is owned or promoted by NTMEC, either fully or in conjunction with event partners (Event) and staged at any venue, stadium, arena or designated area that is controlled, wholly or in part by NTMEC (Venue); and
(b) include any other terms expressly incorporated by reference (either in this document or in the other terms themselves).
By entering the Venue you agree to, and will be contractually bound by, these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms then do not enter the Venue.
Refusal of Entry
- For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, NTMEC and Venue staff reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event of a person or item in the following circumstances;
- Persons are, or are considered on reasonable grounds by NTMEC or Venue staff or their respective agents or contractors, to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs or disorderly or the presence of the person would be detrimental to, or compromise safety at, the Event;
- Persons wearing or displaying commercial, political or other offensives signage or logos (except for official merchandise or other Event related clothing worm in good faith);
- Unauthorised persons or persons not in possession of valid accreditation;
- Persons who refuse to submit themselves or their belongings for inspection;
- Items which have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance, including Restricted and Prohibited Items; and
- due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes that may affect the safety of patrons.
General Conditions of Entry
- The following applies as a condition of entry into a Venue:
- Venue reserves the right to inspect and search bags brought into or out of the Venue;
- Persons 13 years and under must be under the direction supervision of a parent or legal guardian at all times;
- You must not enter any Venue’s restricted areas, such as back of house, competition and performance areas, dressing rooms, VIP and hospitality areas or any other area not accessible by the public;
- Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of the Venue;
- Narcotics (other than those prescribed by a registered medical practitioner) must not be taken into or out of the Venue;
- Alcoholic beverage must not be taken into or out of the Venue. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may only be consumed in clearly marked areas of the Venue;
- Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or similar devices) is prohibited in certain areas of the Venue in accordance with the NTMEC’s smoking management plan;
- No umbrellas or shade structures may be brought into the Venue;
- Unauthorised soliciting, collections and customer surveying is not permitted.
- You must not engage in any form of ambush marketing and must not conduct any activity that conflicts with, impairs or infringes or denigrates the rights of any official sponsor or NTMEC.
Eviction from Venue
- NTMEC or Venue staff may eject from the Venue without refund any patron who:
- Is in breach of any of these Terms;
- Unreasonably obstructs the viewing of other patrons;
- May be a source of danger, nuisance, or annoyance or otherwise give rise to concerns in relation to the safety and security arrangements for an Event, including excessive noise, use of foul, obscene, abusive or racist language or gestures, the wearing or other display of commercial, political or offensive signage or logos, or the throwing of any object that might injure or cause damage to people or property;
- Fails to comply with the instructions from a police or security officer;
- Is in possession of any item listed on the Restricted and Prohibited list;
- Is suspected of committing, or being likely to commit, or having committed a criminal offence within the Venue;
- Enters any area at the Venue which he/she is or may be prohibited from entering;
- Damages, interferes with or tampers with any NTMEC or Venue property; or
- Refuses to comply with requests made by NTMEC or Venue staff.
Restricted and Prohibited Items
- The following restricted and prohibited items are not permitted into a Venue:
- Glass or cans
- Illegal substances, including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Flares or fireworks
- Laser pointers
- Weapons, or resemblance of weapons, including knives, firearms, blunt offensive objects, batons and those with sharp ends
- Projectile items, including balls, Frisbees, rackets or similar objects
- Political or offensive materials
- Recording devices (for commercial purposes) and tripods
- Selfie sticks
- Flag poles of more than 1 metre in length / banners or flags larger than 1m x 2m
- Eskies and bags of larger dimensions than 35cm in height, 20cm in width and 30cm in length (i.e. too large to be stored under a seat), including motorized eskies
- Animals (other than trained assistance dogs)
- Musical instruments and noise makers, including drums, whistles, air horns and loud hailers without the prior consent of Venue staff
- Other items as determined by NTMEC that may cause injury, public nuisance or safety concerns. Please check the FAQ’s on the Event website
Patron Safety and Behaviour
- You must comply with the directions or announcements from NTMEC or Venue staff and any other requirements relating to access and safety given by NTMEC or Venue staff or authorities.
- You must maintain safe, prudent and respectful behaviour at all times. A patron is responsible for his or her own conduct whilst in a Venue for an Event and must pay for the cost of repair of any damage caused to a Venue as a result of their conduct.
- You must not enter the designated performance areas of a Venue at any time and, if you do, you may be fined, expelled from that Venue and subject to legal action.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this event may include, display or project the pictures or voices of people who have since passed away.
Liability and Risk
- Patrons wishing to bring personal items into a Venue do so at their own risk. NTMEC will not be held responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of, your personal property whilst you access a Venue or attend an Event.
- NTMEC does not guarantee that you will have an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of an Event from your location within a Venue, nor does NTMEC give any warranty as to the quality, content or duration of an Event.
- There are risks and inherent dangers associated with attending Events and associated activities that may result in patrons being injured. You attend an Event at your own risk. You (yourself and on behalf of any minors under your care) waive, release and discharge NTMEC, and any third party involved in establishing and operating a Venue or Event, from all claims or causes of action you have (including negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property (to the extent permitted by law) arising either directly or indirectly out of attendance at a Venue or Event (including directly or indirectly resulting from or contributed to by any existing medical condition).
- You indemnify NTMEC against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to your attendance at a Venue or Event.
- To the extent permitted by law, you agree not to bring any claim or legal proceeding against NTMEC for any damage, loss, injury or liability you may suffer in accessing a Venue or attendance at an Event.
- To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on NTMEC are excluded under these Terms. If a supply under these Terms is a supply of goods or services to a consumer within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law (set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), nothing contained in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law, provided that, to the extent that the Australian Consumer Law permits NTMEC to limit its liability, then NTMEC’s liability shall be limited to:
- In the case of services, supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
- In the case of goods, replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or payment of the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired.
Photographs and Broadcasts
- Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may be brought into a Venue only at the discretion of the Organiser
- Photographs taken within a Venue may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, commercial purposes include licensing, merchandising, memorabilia or marketing.
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including photographic, video or sound recordings) of an Event without NTMEC’s prior written approval.
- If you make, reproduce or use any recording, data or image of an Event prohibited under these Terms, you must, upon request by NTMEC, assign in writing all copyright and other intellectual property rights to NTMEC or its nominee.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- You may be photographed, videotaped or otherwise recorded by or on behalf of NTMEC at, or in the vicinity of, the Venue or Event, to produce photographic images, film recordings, sound recordings and other material incorporating your appearance, likeness, voice, quotations, comments and name (images);
- NTMEC may use, reproduce, publish, broadcast, distribute, commercialise, adapt, modify, edit, sell, exhibit, store, dispose of, deal with or otherwise exploit in any media such comments or images (or any part of the Images) (Materials) for the purpose of NTMEC’s future promotional and marketing purposes throughout the world (including without limitation, on the internet, such as NTMEC’s website) without further reference or compensation to you;
- You consent to the images being taken by or on behalf of NTMEC and understand that you may be identifiable in the Materials; and
- You irrevocably waive all rights (if any) to inspect or approve the Materials or their use by NTMEC in exercising the rights granted under this section 22 or control the use or disclosure of the Materials.
Event Changes and Cancellation
- NTMEC may add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists, athletes or teams (as applicable) or vary advertised programmes, prices, times, venues, seating arrangements or audience capacity without any compensation to you.
- NTMEC may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop an Event, or deny access to a Venue, due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes without any compensation to you.
- NTMEC is not liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of an Event being cancelled, postponed or changed. NTMEC disclaims the existence of any common law duty of care to you.
- NTMEC is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects about you in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles under the Information Act (NT)
- NTMEC may collect personal information from you in relation to your attendance at the Event . NTMEC will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of the sale and distribution of proper and efficient staging of Events, to exercise any of its rights under these Terms for related secondary purposes and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- If you have any queries about how NTMEC handles your personal information, or if you would like to request access to personal information NTMEC holds about you, you may contact NTMEC by sending an email to email@example.com
- NTMEC may choose not to enforce a term of these Terms in some cases in its absolute discretion without affecting its right to enforce that term in other cases.
- These terms are governed by the law applicable in the Northern Territory and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Territory.
- NTMEC reserves the right to update, modify or change these Terms from time to time. Any changes will be available on NTMEC’s website.